Saturday, January 15, 2011

Top Ten Recipes 2010

Now I'm on a roll...

Once upon a time I was roasting Halibut a lot.  I adore the beautiful fleshy filets that are tender, flaky and buttery.   During this time I came up with a glaze that I would marinate and roast the fish in... it was savory, sweet and spicy.  And above all, almost mind numbingly delicious.   I called it a Hoisin Glaze but I think for future reference I'll refer to as my Blazing Asian Glaze...

Recently I resurrected it for a client who requested salmon on the menu and since it was the first time I cooked for her I wanted to make it surprising and special.  I used the glaze and she to my delight, was eating it directly from the jar in which it was transported.

Blazing Asian Glaze

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Ingredients:

3 T. minced ginger
3 T. minced garlic
1/4 C. Chile garlic sauce (with the rooster on the front in the Asian foods section)
1/4 C. Lite Soy Sauce
Juice of one lemon
1/2 jar Plum Sauce
1/4 C. Hoisin Sauce

This is enough marinade for 3 lbs. of fish.

Place fish on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Spread marinade over fish.  Allow to sit for 30 minutes.

Roast in oven until done to your liking.  25 to 30 minutes for most fillets if you're cooking several pouunds of fish. 

I served this with a Meyer lemon and tarragon vinaigrette dressed Israeli couscous with roasted slivered almonds, haricot vert and feta -- the perfect companion to the incredibly flavorful fish. 

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment